Friday, July 25, 2014

Vermont 6

There were lots of great quilts at the Vermont Quilt Festival, but I think this may be the last post about them, at least for now.  

This piece was just breath-taking.  Ann Feitelson was the talented maker.


The play of lights and darks was eye-catching.


Notice the fussy-cutting of the striped fabrics.


And another shot of the whole quilt.  This was Gerald Roy's Judge's Choice, as well as winning a red ribbon in its category.


Congratulations, Ann!  Just stunning!

I've been finishing some bindings and doing a bit of prep for upcoming classes.  Yesterday I rode a different horse--a very tall (16.3 hands) Warmblood.  Can we say nose-bleed from the altitude.  I did okay--until I remembered I had to still get off!  It was uneventful, but a long way to the ground!  Sounds like I may be riding him (Derek) for a while.  Managed to do a posting trot twice around the indoor arena without breaking gait or stopping--that's really good for me!  For those of you who are shaking your heads wondering what I'm yammering on and on about, just smile, nod and think, "Good for her".  Your eyes can even glaze over a bit--I understand.

Okay, that's about it for tonight.  

Blissful hugs,
Sharon

P.S.  I am listening to Ghost Ship by Clive Cussler.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of the quilt pictures Sharon... The workmanship is just amazing -And - very inspirational.

    Have fun at the stables ;)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!