Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Spring!

It's 68 degrees here, the sun is shining, and it makes one hopeful that spring really has arrived. Last fall, unbeknownst to me, my mom planted tulip and crocus bulbs in one of my flower beds. She kept the secret until just a few weeks ago. The crocus picture is this year's! The blossoms are about the size of thimble! I can see the flowers from my quilting room window, so it's a real treat.

I've been busy finishing some projects, getting a couple to the binding stage and updating some classes on my website. Everything takes longer than expected. Plus I'm trying to get some raking done and the debris picked up in the yard. It will soon be time to mow--and a 2 acre lawn is not done in the blink of an eye! Ah, to be Jeannie (as in the I Dream of Jeannie of Jeannie). Think how much more we could accomplish if we could blink and it would happen!


Woody is about a year old and lives under my back porch. He also makes the rounds of the front porch and the shed, with lots of places to escape should something startle him. (I'm assuming it's a him--I have not been, nor will I be, close enough to tell for sure!)


I should have quilt pictures to post in the next couple days--stay tuned!

Before the end of the day, tell someone you love them--it'll make you both feel good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment...it's so lonely without hearing from you!